Package No. 2: St. Patty’s Day!
This is the second care package I’ve sent to my husband. I doubt it’ll get there in time for St. Patrick’s Day (he hasn’t even received the Valentine’s Day box yet!) but it’s the thought that counts, right?
Anyway, in this package I sent a lot of green things and I tied funny little notes around each. Below I’ve listed the items and their notes:
- Irish Spring Shower Gel & Deodorant - “In case you’re getting stinky”
- Lucky Charms - “You’re my lucky charm!”
- Green rubber duck - “I’m one lucky duck to have you”
- Mini jar of Jif - “Choosy wives choose Jif”
- Mint M&Ms - “Sweets for my sweet”
- Turkey Jerky (wasn’t creative enough for a note on these!)
- Mini boxes of craisins - “Crais-y for you!”
- Mini scope - “I miss your morning breath”
- Pistachios - “I’m nuts about you!”
- Slinky - “I love you oodles!”
- Advil - “Pills for when someone’s being a pill!”
Around the box, I cut out little shamrocks and wrote funny puns on them like “Leprechaun’t wait to kiss you!” and “You’re my pot o’ gold!” In the bottom of the box, I added a little note that said “I hope this box is Dublin your happiness!” He and I love puns, which is why I used so many!
As always, I put a letter in there, too. But I also had my mom, dad, brother, and grandmother write him little notes to him. I think he’ll like that!
I hope this box inspires you to make a box for a service member you know! I’ll be posting again once the Easter care package is sent out :)